Safer Staff Recruitment Course in London, Manchester and Birmingham
One Day: 9:00am – 4.15pm
Where can I attend the Safer Staff Recruitment Course
In House – This Course can be delivered in your place of work on a nationwide basis including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. We run this bespoke ‘in-house’ training course anywhere in the UK to suit your specific training needs by arrangement.
The Every Child Matters ‘5 outcomes’ and The Children Act 2004 place special emphasis on keeping children safe from harm. Given this legislative framework, there is a strong expectation that organisations involved in the education and care of children are especially vigilant with regard to recruitment of all staff, both paid and voluntary. Every recruitment panel should have at least one member trained in safer recruitment under the school staffing Regulations 2009. This is a legal duty which applies to all maintained schools in England. For all other children’s service providers, Safer Recruitment is recognised as best practice, in line with Working Together to Safeguard Children 2010, 2004 Children Act and ‘Every Child Matters’.
Who is this course for:
- Education sector ( Schools, teachers, headmasters etc )
- Residential Children’s Homes
- Early Years centres
- Foster carers (Fostering services)
- Residential Children’s homes Managers
- Youth offending teams (YOTS)
- Social Work Managers
- NHS workers (Nurses, Doctors, Health care assistants)
- Health visitors
- Dental practices
- General Practitioners surgeries
- Community safety teams
- Leisure Centre’s
This course is designed to give candidates an awareness and understanding of the ‘Safer Recruitment Process’. Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people. Help candidates begin to review their own and their organisations’ policies and practices with a view to making them safer.
The Candidates will develop an understanding of the basic Principles of Safer Staff Recruitment, including:
- Legislation relating to safer staff recruitment.
- How safer recruitment fits with the wider context of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- To be aware of relevant local procedures and policies and information sharing principles that minimise opportunities for abuse.
- The importance of planning a recruitment exercise, sending the right messages to potential applicants.
- Process for obtaining relevant information about each applicant.
- Process for short listing candidates for interview.
- The importance of making the right decisions and using structured interviews to help do that, as well as pre-employment checks of the candidate selected for appointment.
- Examines the need for on-going awareness and vigilance and how organisations can develop and maintain an environment that deters and prevents abuse and challenges inappropriate behaviour.
A Certificate will be awarded to each delegate upon successful completion of the training which forms as evidence towards ‘Continuing Professional Development (CPD)’.
The cost for this course is available on request. Please call us on 0800 774 7034 and speak to one of our Child Protection Consultants for full course details, or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.