Child Protection Training: Safeguarding Children Training – Refresher
Who is the Safeguarding Children Training course for:
Safeguarding Children Training – This course is ideal for everyone who comes into contact with children, young people, their parents or carers through their work in either the statutory or voluntary sector. It is a statutory requirement for anyone who works with children to update their knowledge of legislation and guidance and maintain the ability to act on concerns regarding the safety and welfare of children and young people. The government guidance suggests that refresher training should take place every three years. Participants should have a basic understanding of the guidance on safeguarding children, of their own roles and responsibilities and of the Assessment Framework.
On completion of this Safeguarding Children Training course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the changes to practice over the past three years
- Identify different levels of harm and the appropriate safeguarding processes to be followed
- Understand safeguarding children issues from a national perspective
- Introduction to Child Protection.
- Basic information about the legislative.
- Identify the changes to practice over the past three years.
- Understand safeguarding children issues from a national perspective .
- Framework for safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare.
- What to do if you suspect abuse or neglect.
A certificate will be awarded on completion of the course.
It is recommended that delegates complete a 3 hour session every 12 months as good practice.
The cost for this course is available on request. Please call us on 0800 774 7034 and speak to one of our Child Protection Consultants for full course details, or alternatively email us at email@example.com. This Course is available in house where we visit your place of work or a suitable location of your choice to deliver the training.