This half day E-Safety safety awareness course is for anyone who work with children and young people or who come into contact with children and young people during their working day. The session will explore different aspects of internet safety, online grooming, sexual exploitation and cyber bullying. It will assist you and your staff to develop an awareness of the online risks to children and young people and identify tools and resources to help children and young people to be safer when using online technologies.
Half- Day: 9:30am – 12.30pm (we can be flexible with times to meet your service area/business requirements)
Who should attend the Internet Safety Training Course?
Anyone whose work brings them into contact with children and young people this would include agency/volunteer staff:
• Education sector ( Schools, teachers, headmasters etc )
• Foster carers (Fostering services)
• Residential Children’s homes
• Youth offending teams (YOTS)
• Volunteer’s and Agency Staff
• Social Workers
• Community Services
• Youth Services
• Children’s Services
Where Can I attend the Internet Safety Training Course?
In House – This Course is run nationwide including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. We can also deliver this training course in house anywhere in the UK to suit your specific training needs by arrangement.
• Choosing your own venue gives greater convenience.
• Travelling and accommodation costs can be reduced or removed.
• A greater choice of course types are available.
• The course content can be tailored to your exact requirements.
• Businesses and Organisations can choose a suitable time to run their course.
• Courses can be run anywhere in the UK.
To give staff a better understanding of the risks for children and young people who use internet and mobile technology, look at tools and strategies to enhance children and young people’s resilience and protection of professional and online identity. It will also give an understanding of why robust E-safety policies and procedures are in place.
• Legislation in relation to safeguarding and new technologies
• Awareness of the different ways children and young people use internet and mobile technology such as
Twitter, (posting blogs)
Video posting examples Social Networking, YouTube
Cyber Bullying such as sexting
• Look at potential risk and harm for both children and young people who access the internet and social media
• Discuss websites which may create risks and vulnerabilities on line for children and young people
• Risks for children and young people when using different types of online and mobile communications.
• On line grooming
• Sexual exploitation
• Discussion on how teachers or professionals can also be victims of online bullying/trolling and how their online reputation can be damaged.
• Look at recent trends and resources/ tools available which can be used to enhance children and Young People’s resilience and look at tools for protection of professional and online identity .
• What to do if a child or young person discloses to you an abusive online experience they may have had
• Discussion around the personal rights and responsibilities all professionals and teachers have.
• Discussion around the importance of having robust policies and procedures in place regarding e-safety
On completion of this course a Certificate will be awarded to successful delegates, which can be evidence towards your Continued professional development (CPD)
Cost for this Training Course
We are confident that we can offer you a competitive price for all your Child Protection Training requirements. Call us directly on 0800 774 7034 and we will be able to discuss your requirements. Alternatively email ourselves at email@example.com any prices which are quoted are exclusive of VAT.