Child Care Protection: Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Training
One Day: 9:00am – 3.00pm
Where can I attend the Course
In House – This Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Training Course can be delivered in your place of work on a nationwide basis including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. We run this bespoke ‘in-house’ training course anywhere in the UK to suit your specific training needs by arrangement.
Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Training – Drug and alcohol abuse in Children has a devastating effect on their mental and physical development, as well as the negative impact it has on their parents, friends and family. The particular drug (including alcohol) that a child or young person chooses to use will depend upon both its expected effect and its availability. In addition, if children and young people believe they can use drugs or alcohol and avoid getting into trouble from parents/carers, their school or the law, they will be more likely to use it. Drugs used and abused by children and youth include tobacco, alcohol, heroine, cocaine, Mandrax, LSD, ecstasy, cannabis and hallucinogens. The easy access and availability of drugs and other substances is a cause for concern.
Who is this course for:
- Education staff
- Social Care Practitioners
- Residential Social workers
- Probation workers
- Community workers
- Leisure Centre staff
- Child Care Residential Staff
- Foster carers (Fostering services)
- Social workers
- Care Staff
- Support workers
- General Practitioners
Understand children and young people who may have drug and/or alcohol issues, the various risks linked to substance misuse, recognise signs and symptoms and look at legal, health and social implications and to encourage candidates on the course to be actively involved through reflective practice and shared experiences.
The Candidates will develop an understanding of ther basic Principles of Drug and Alcohol awareness, including:
- Drug and UK law
- Recognise signs and symptoms of substance misuse
- Identify different categories eg, stimulant, depressive, hallucinogenic
- Look at different substances and their effects
- How drugs are commonly used
- Awareness of alcohol consumption and its consequences
- Understand Drug injecting behaviours and look at harm reduction strategies
- Patterns and trends in drug use
- Key social, psychological and physical risks
- Acquire tools to facilitate children and young people experiencing difficulties
- Confidence when working with children and young people who misuse substances
- People and organisations perceptions of drug and alcohol misuse
- Drug Policy and practice
Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Training – A Certificate will be awarded to each delegate upon successful completion of the training which forms as evidence towards ‘Continuing Professional Development (CPD)’.
The cost for the Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Training course is available on request. Please call us on 0800 774 7034 and speak to one of our Child Protection Consultants for full course details, or alternatively email us at email@example.com.