Child Protection Training: Safeguarding Children Training Level 2
1 Day 9:00am – 4:15pm
This course is for those who have already completed a Level 1 course and need to gain an advanced knowledge of Child Protection. This includes those who ‘work directly with children on a regular basis, or those who have intense but irregular contact’ with them, such as physiotherapists (Working Together to Safeguard Children 2010 DCSF).
It will provide a more in-depth knowledge of signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect, reporting and recording procedures, the role of other agencies in the Child Protection Process and inter-agency liaison, including working towards becoming a designated person/child protection officer.
The course is in line with latest government legislation, Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013, Local Safeguarding Boards and the new Ofsted Inspection Framework 2012 and the updated Ofsted Inspecting safeguarding April 2014 briefing for section 5 inspections.
This training should generally be run in a single-agency setting, allowing us to focus on specific issues for your service.
Who should attend Child Protection Level 2 Training Course?
All staff regularly working unsupervised with children or having intense contact with an individual child, on an irregular basis. Staff taking a leading role in a child’s life, such as nursery workers, who may be required to attend Child Protection Conferences or Early Help multi-agency meetings, should also attend. It is particularly important where staff do not have immediate access to advice from a Designated Safeguarding Person. It is beneficial for educational staff involved in working with children outside of the normal school environment e.g. residential trips.
Agencies benefitting from this level of training include:
- Education sector (Teachers with additional safeguarding responsibilities, below DSP)
- Nurseries, Children’s Centres
- Fostering Services
- Residential Children’s homes
- Community safety teams
- Volunteers and agency Staff
- GP and Dental Practice nurses
- Youth Offending Teams (YOTS)
- Leisure Centre staff
Where can I attend the Safeguarding Children Level 2 Training Course?
In House – This Course can be delivered in your place of work on a nationwide basis including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. We run this bespoke ‘in-house’ training course anywhere in the UK to suit your specific training needs by arrangement.
- Choosing your own venue gives greater convenience.
- Travelling and accommodation costs can be reduced or removed.
- A greater choice of course types are available.
- The course content can be tailored to your exact requirements.
- Businesses and Organisations can choose a suitable time to run their course.
- Courses can be run anywhere in the UK.
The Child Protection Level 2 course will focus on potential abuse, how to recognise the symptoms and knowing what to do if you are worried about a child’s welfare. It aims to take a more in-depth look at child protection issues, signs of abuse and neglect and provides advanced information on reporting strategies, policies and procedures and the impact of wider safeguarding issues, including questions of culture, which are more fully explored than in Level 1.
It also covers: Safe environments, safeguarding practices, reporting and referring to external agencies, legislation and its relationship to day-to-day activity. It will broaden your knowledge of child protection issues, spot warning signs, know how to report and refer and understand your role, including following a referral to Children’s Social Care services and the process that this follows.
The course meets government guidance,” Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013”, including Ofsted New Inspection Framework 2012, updated Inspection Briefing April 2014 and Local Safeguarding Boards requirements.
By the end of the course, delegates should have an increased understanding of:
- The relevant child protection legislation and guidance including: “Working Together to Safeguard Children” 2013, Local Safeguarding Children’s Board and the New Ofsted Inspection Guidance Framework 2012 on safeguarding/ Ofsted Section 5 Inspection Briefing updated April 2014
- Underpinning principles and the legal framework
- Referrals and the Child Protection Process, including Section 47 investigations, Strategy Meetings and Child Protection Conferences
- Good recording practice, including the use of fact and professional judgement
- Parenting issues and their impact on children, such as Domestic Abuse, Mental Illness and Substance Misuse
- Recognising deviations from normal child development
- Roles and responsibilities in respect of working with children and young people
- How to support a multi-agency approach, including Early Help Assessments such as CAF.
- Best Practice to promote the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people
- Understanding the importance of effective supervision, safer recruitment and induction of practitioners
On completion of this course a Certificate will be awarded to successful delegates.
We are confident that we can offer you a competitive price for all your Child Protection Training requirements. Call us directly on 0800 774 7034 and we will be able to discuss your requirements. Alternatively email ourselves at firstname.lastname@example.org any prices which are quoted are exclusive of VAT.
We also have an anti bullying training microsite with a variety of training courses available for students and staff at www.antibullyingtraining.com
|First Aid Training
One Day Emergency First Aid at Work
Two Day First Aid at Work
Three Day First aid at Work
First Aid Two Day Refresher Course –HSE Approved Paediatric First Aid Training First Aid (AED) Automated External Defibrillator
First Aid – Basic Life Support
|Fire Safety Training
Fire Awareness Training
Fire Warden/Marshal Training
Fire Safety in the Workplace Training
Fire Risk Assessment Training
Hot Work Passport Training
|Health & Safety Training
Health and Safety Awareness in the Workplace
Risk Assessment Training
Manual Handling Awareness Training
Moving and Handling of People
|Child Protection Training
Child Protection Level 1, 2 and 3
Safeguarding Children Drug and Alcohol Awareness
Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness