Safeguarding Children Training Level 1
Half day course 9:30am – 12.30pm (We are flexible with starting times)
Dates of Courses London:
10th July 2014 – Thursday
Venue – T.B.A
Duration: 1/2 Day 10 am – 1 pm
Where can I attend the Course:
In House – Child Protection Training Level 1 can be delivered in your place of work on a nationwide basis including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. We run this bespoke ‘in-house’ training course anywhere in the UK to suit your specific training needs by arrangement.
We understand that the content will vary for different service areas such as Early Years, Education and Health, we have experienced trainers within the above sectors who can tailor this training course to meet the service area requirements and standards. It is seen as good practice to undertake yearly.
Child Protection Level 1 for Practitioners – Due to the success of the launch of the JH Child Protection Training website, Child Protection Training have now launched this training course specifically aimed towards Social Care Practitioners, Education Sectors, Early Years Centres, Social Workers and all practitioners /professionals who are responsible for safeguarding children within their organisation.
This introductory course gives practitioners the foundation for understanding their role and responsibilities, and those of their agency, regarding the safeguarding and protection of Children and Young People. Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013 emphasises the duty of all employers to ensure that their staff are competent and confident in carrying out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Who should attend Child Protection Level Training 1 course:
Staff who have infrequent contact with children and their families who may become aware of possible abuse or neglect. Also those in regular contact with children, whose responsibility it would be to recognise and identify signs of abuse and neglect, before passing on this concern to a Designated Safeguarding Person. Generally delivered as single agency training.
- All staff new into post, fitting the criteria above, who have not had Child Protection or Safeguarding training in the past three years.
- Education sector: Schools, academies and FE institutions (teaching and non-teaching staff)
- Early Years centres
- Foster carers (Fostering services)
- Youth offending teams (YOTS)
- Social Workers in adults services
- Community safety teams
- Volunteers and agency staff
- NHS administration staff
- Medical practice administration staff
- Independent sector, for e.g. faith communities
This is an introduction to child protection. The workshop looks at what child abuse is, how to spot potential signs of abuse, how to respond if a child confides in you and the steps that should be taken to safeguard their welfare. The aim of this session is to increase staff knowledge in relation to signs and symptoms of child abuse, understanding the impact that abuse and neglect have upon children and young people, Child Protection Procedures and to feel more confident in handling disclosures.
The course is in line with latest legislation & guidance, including:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013 (DFE)
- What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused (DOH 2006)
- Ofsted Inspection Safeguarding April 2014
- Local safeguarding Children’s Board requirements, as set out in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2010/2013.
By the end of the course, attendees should have an understanding of:
- Key principles and issues around Safeguarding Children and Child Protection, including the difference between the two concepts
- Statutory definitions of child abuse and neglect
- How to recognise signs and symptoms of possible abuse and/or neglect, including physical, behavioural and interactive indicators
- The impact of abuse and neglect on normal child development
- The impact that an individual’s own values and attitudes might have on their response to signs of abuse
- Remaining child-centred when a concern arises about their welfare
- How to handle disclosures and allegations of abuse, appropriately and sensitively
- Acting on concerns – Appropriate sharing of information and its recording
- Whistle-blowing regarding suspected abuse of children within the organisation
On completion of this course a Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to successful delegates.
We are confident that we can offer you a competitive price for all your Child Protection Training requirements. Call us directly on 0800 774 7034 and we will be able to discuss your requirements. Alternatively email ourselves at firstname.lastname@example.org any prices which are quoted are exclusive of VAT.
Other training courses we deliver are as below:
|First Aid Training
One Day Emergency First Aid at Work
Two Day First Aid at Work
Three Day First aid at Work
First Aid Two Day Refresher Course –HSE Approved
Paediatric First Aid Training
First Aid (AED) Automated External Defibrillator
First Aid – Basic Life Support
|Fire Safety Training
Fire Awareness Training
Fire Warden/Marshal Training
Fire Safety in the Workplace Training
Fire Risk Assessment Training
Hot Work Passport Training
|Health & Safety Training
Health and Safety Awareness in the Workplace
Risk Assessment Training
Manual Handling Awareness Training
Moving and Handling of People
|Child Protection Training
Child Protection Level 1, 2 and 3
Drug and Alcohol Awareness
Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness
We also have an anti bullying training microsite with a variety of training courses available for students and staff at www.antibullyingtraining.com