Autism Awareness Training
One Day 9-30am – 3-30pm
Where can I attend the Course
Autism Awareness Training – This Course can be delivered in your place of work on a nationwide basis including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. We run this bespoke ‘in-house’ training course anywhere in the UK to suit your specific training needs by arrangement.
Autism is a diverse and mystifying condition that has been the focus of much scientific research over the last few decades. This Autism Awareness course aims to develop your understanding of autism and gives practical suggestions when working with Children and Young People on the Autism spectrum. It is important for frontline staff of all sectors to be up to date with Autism Awareness training to enable them to deliver effective services.
Who is this course for:
- Residential Staff
- Practitioners working with Children, Young People and Families
- Early Years
- Disabled Services
- Fostering Services
- Agency workers
This course will enable you to become familiar with various approaches to autism and have an increased awareness of the term Autism and Autistic Spectrum Disorder and enable you to understand genetic environmental causes of autism. The course will also explain how research in other conditions can help research into autism. It also looks at the Inclusion and Development Programme relating to Children and Young People diagnosed with Autism and the support required, which part of the Governments strategy for children with special educational needs.
- Define autism
- Understand the difference between autism and Asperger’s syndrome
- Explain the gender differences
- Identify conditions related to ASD
- Explain how research in other conditions can help research into autism
- Look at the Inclusion and Development Programme Children and Young People.
- Look at Personal, Social and Emotional Development Children and Young people.
- Communication skills Children and Young People.
- Support mechanisms and interventions Children and Young people.
- Discussion and Reflection on the days learning
A certificate will be awarded to each delegate upon successful completion of the training which forms as evidence towards ‘Continuing Professional Development’ (CPD)
The cost for this course is available on request. Please call us on 0800 774 7034 and speak to one of our Child Protection Consultants for full course details, or alternatively email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org